The Brewmaster is responsible for the brewing process from preparation of the raw materials through the fermentation process.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Milling, mashing, lautering, boiling, knockout and pump in
- Monitor fermentation
- Cleaning fermentation and brite tanks, kegs and brewery in general
- Cleaning and filling kegs with beer
- Dry hopping and carbonating
- Yeast cropping, harvesting and pitching
- Taking samples for lab analysis
- Work with the distillery with bottling when required
- Operate powered pallet jacks to move material as needed
- Complete all necessary paperwork and data entry accurately and on time
- Commercial brewing experience required
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal skills
- Excellent problem-solving, organizational, and time-management skills
- Ability to effectively communicate in a highly diverse multicultural environment
- Ability to work independently and with others
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including varied/long shifts, weekends.
- Lab Experience preferred
While performing the brewing duties, the worker will be exposed to pressurized vessels and transfer lines, hot fluids, chemicals, strong odors and moving machinery.
Education and/or Experience
High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED) is preferred and/or equivalent of related experience or training.
The ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. The ability to write simple correspondence and have the ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations in the organization.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to frequently lift and/or move up to 55 pounds, and be able to move kegs which weigh up to 165 pounds, stand for long periods of time, kneel, stoop, crouch, reach and crawl when needed. Work in small spaces, hot, humid wet and/or cold environments. Use proper safety equipment and personal protection equipment and ensure safety procedures are adhered to throughout the facility. Additional duties may be required. Rolling Hills Casino reserves the right to change duties, responsibilities, and activities at any time with or without notice.