The Baker creates new and exciting desserts to renew our menus and engage the interests of customers by decorating pastries and using various techniques and ingredients to ensure the presentation will be beautiful and exciting.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Prepares cakes, cookies, pies, bread, doughnuts and other pastries, including icings and frostings, according to traditional and modern recipes.
- Reviews production schedules to determine variety and quantity of goods to bake and to assemble supplies and equipment needed for daily baking activities.
- Prepares orders using our inventory and procurement system
- Use proper scaling techniques to correctly measure ingredients, including converting standardized recipes to European measurements.
- Shapes dough for cookies, pies and fancy pastries either by hand or by using dough rollers and cookie cutters.
- Receives ingredients and other supplies from main kitchen and/or pantry as required for daily operations.
- Cuts and weighs dough into uniform portions with knife or divider, molds dough into loaves or other shapes, and places in pans; proofs dough and bakes in oven using peel; inspects product for quality during and after baking and makes adjustments to processes as required.
- Cleans and maintains work areas, utensils and equipment.
- Detects and ensures disposition of spoiled or unattractive food, defective supplies/equipment and/or other unusual conditions.
- Completes production sheets and other records as required, including cost analysis and profitability
- May be required to prepare baked goods for special diets.
- Follows all food safety, sanitation, and HACCP guidelines when preparing hot and cold foods.
- Follows established company and departmental standards for personal appearance and behavior.
- Proven experience as a Baker and or a certificate in baking and pastries or a culinary degree preferred
- Great attention to detail and creativity
- Organization and leadership skills
- In depth knowledge of sanitation principals, food preparation and baking techniques and nutrition
- Working knowledge of baking with ingredient limitations such as “gluten free, sugarless etc.”
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum 21 years of age
- Slip resistant shoes
Education and/or Experience
High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED) required. Minimum of 2 years of Pastry experience in a related bakery service position.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, menus, recipes, short correspondence, and memos Communicate efficiently with your fellow coworkers and/or supervisors
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Including European measurements.
Ability to apply common sense to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Gaming license issued by the Paskenta Gaming Commission. Food handler’s permit from a relevant government agency.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and taste or smell. The employee frequently is required to talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to walk. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts and extreme heat. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Duties, responsibilities, requirements and expectations pertaining to this job are subject to change as needed.