Serves guests in Events by performing the following functions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Provides constant, attentive and friendly service to guests.
- Observe, and anticipate the needs of the guests during events.
- Must be able to lift and carry full trays, and walk/stand entire shift.
- Assists on the setting up and tearing down of event.
- Able to maintain a hospitable and team atmosphere with fellow staff.
- Serve and refill complimentary beverages to guests.
- Sell alcoholic beverages and food to guests, following TipS guidelines.
- Clear away dirty dishes and glassware from occupied/or unoccupied tables in a timely manner.
- Complete all side work in a timely and satisfactory manner to ensure a clean, neat work area with adequate supply level.
- Maintain a clean and stocked work and beverage station.
- Operates, balances and reconciles cash & credit card transactions, and closes cash till to POS sales.
- Relay any complaints, problems or positive remarks to Shift Manager or Shift Supervisor.
- Maintains assigned workstation and section.
- Attend and pass a written test from the TipS program.
- Maintain confidential daily record keeping of tips.
- Follow established departmental policies and procedures.
- Follow policies and procedures set forth by Rolling Hills Casino.
- Attend all training meetings.
- Follow established company and departmental standards for personal appearance and behavior.
- Assist in other projects, as directed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum 18 years of age
- Hepatitis A shot.
- Slip resistant shoes
This job does not have supervisory responsibilities.
Education and/or Experience
High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED) preferred and/or one to three months related experience and/or training. Candidate must have previous customer service experience. Experience working as a Waiter/Waitress is HIGHLY preferred.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to guests, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Gaming license issued by the Paskenta Gaming Commission. TipS certification as trained at Rolling Hills Casino. Food handlers permit from a relevant government agency. Must obtain Title 31 certification as trained by Rolling Hills Casino.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and taste or smell. The employee must continually lift, push, or pull up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance Vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to extreme cold and extreme heat and is regularly exposed to tobacco smoke. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Duties, responsibilities and requirements pertaining to this job are subject to change, as needed